8.7.10

Monologue


Just like that, I stopped dreaming of him.
Time passed mundanely like sand through an hourglass.
Like life. Like people.

And he slipped into my mind once in a while. Then, for a few minutes I'd wonder if he was safe. Safer - in his absence.

Just like that, I stopped thinking in twos, I stopped using my phone, I cleared his written pages off the slates of my brain and numbly painted my days beforehand.
Just like that, the power of words, which opened doors to miraculous spaces, stopped working.
And we stopped.

I'd sometimes think about what it would be like If I'd taken all the words back that wasn't my right to say, to take back everything I should never have.
Ignoring the coward that I am, I'd say everything he wanted to hear when I never had the pride to say it.

And if there's another us in dimensions other than this one as they so often say, I want to turn back time with him and be the people that believed in soulmates, when we never did in the previous world - only in the fact that ...
love ...
allowed two imperfections to hinge peacefully together.



IMAGE: postcardlove, www.weheartit.com






No comments:

Post a Comment